Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dad's First Post

Hello all, this is my first post as you can tell by the title. Well my wonderful girl is having a great night. She is spending the night with her (mom&dad's) favourite nurse Marion. Sophie got to come out for some much needed kangaroo care. I let Lorraine cuddle her first, just cause Sophie asked for her. Looking at my wife and daughter together instantly melts my heart. The way Sophie 'sinks' into her mom's chest, you can tell she needs her momma. When she rests on her mom, I can see her numbers reflect her happiness. She had no 'spells' while sleeping.

Finally it was my turn. Lorraine had to restock Sophie's milk supply. She definitely didn't want to leave her mom and started to cry a little. She shifted and rustled until she was comfortable. Then for about 3 minutes she was wide awake looking around. She could hear all the alarms and bells going off and darted her eyes to the right. She is so smart, I can tell she hears things the way I do. In the next instant she was asleep. She tucked her hand under her head and dozed off to sleep. This was my second time doing kangaroo care with her so I really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful to see you do kangaroo care with little Sophie. You can feel how happy she is when she's with her Mommy and Daddy. I'm sure she wishes she could be with you all the time, and I'm sure that day is just around the corner. See you soon Sophie! Two whole pounds now!! Yahoo!
love to all

Anonymous said...

Oops..Gramma made a mistake..hit the wrong key...