Sunday, November 11, 2007

Baby in a Bucket



I think this is my favourite picture. Sophie got her first bath in a "tub" (which was more like a 2L ice cream container) and she loved it. They don't normally do this, but her nurse wanted us to get a cute photo...I think we succeeded.

Sophie is still doing really well with her breathing. She still has short apneas, and her oxygen levels go down, but she can bring herself back up fairly quickly. Sometimes she needs to be shaken to get her to wake up and breathe, but not as often as before. Her feeds are going great and she is eating 10.5ML every 2 hours. They think she may have a reflux problem, so they're giving her medication to help her move it all along.

She is really such a light for everyone, and we are constantly amazed at all of the smiles that she brings from people. Even people we have never met have left comments on her video for her and are cheering her on. Thank you so much everyone.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Lorraine and Kei

Aunt Lorraine sent me the link to this blog. Sophie is absolutely beautiful. You have done an amazing job with this blog, it is nice to have pictures and text as to her progress. I would love to come up and see her, could you let me know if that is possible. Please give her hugs and kisses from all of us here. Sofiesty Sophie is certainly an inspiration to all of us. Take care.

Love Jim, Chris, Aaron and Vanessa

Anonymous said...

HI Lorriane and Kei
Aunt Lorraine sent me the link as well - it is so nice to be able to see pictures of your little miracle baby and to read about her progress - the blog is very well done! I get a little emotional looking at the pictures, a total different perspective looking at it as a mom - I feel for you and Kei, I can only imagine how hard it must be to have to follow the rules of the hospital, it will be such a big pleasure to hold her whenever you would like when she gets home!
She is so beautiful, can't wait to meet her and so glad to hear how feisty she is - she needs to be to get through this (I'm sure this will be the biggest challenge she'll have to face in her whole life), and when she does come home you'll have a bundle of fire on your hands - a strong, confident little girl I'm sure!
Lots of Love, you're in our thoughts
Jeanette, Joel, Jake & Jenna

Anonymous said...

Hey Kid!

I can finally see your pictures and I think you look like Grandma Randell!

This hospital food stinks, eh!

I sure hope we meet up at Christmas!

L O T S of love,
uncle Gord

geoff said...

i found your blog from a link on nicole's and i just had to say this is the cutest picture EVER.