Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On Solid Ground!


It's hard to find toys that both entertain and fit an eight month old baby who has the capabilities of a five month old baby, but is the size of a newborn baby....

we adapt. we make do......

But FINALLY........


Sophie has grown so much so quickly and is constantly making sounds.... She loves her activity centre and is now tall enough to use it without the phone book!

I used to hate it when my parents' friends would look at me and sigh, "they grow up so fast...."

now I understand what they mean.

Sophie is almost 10 pounds. She is starting to eat solids and is teething like crazy (although no protruders as of yet). Her hair seems to grow by the minute and she is getting a temper that shows itself like a cross between me on a bad day and a land bound shark who is trying fervently to shimmy himself back into the water. We love every ounce of everything she is doing, and we are trying so desperately to drink it in...but it all seems to be with a sense of foreboding......am I really seeing RED hair on her head? is she ALREADY making growling sounds when she's angry and grimacing at me? Did she really just try to stand up on her own?

tonight she grabbed my glass off of the living room table and tried to drink out of it.

I think we're in for it.

we can't wait.

1 comment:

Erika said...

FINALLY an update on Sophie!! We have been watching and waiting for new photo's of the "BIG" baby girl. You really must share more often!

Glad to see things progressing so well and Sophie so happy. She is just so darn cute. I wish you guys lived closer so we could put these two little miracle girls on the floor and let them play together.

Can you believe it has been eight months since they were born. Seriously, their first birthdays are just around the corner! AMAZING